“Normal guy” thanks street pastors (and 172 people comment)
“I just want to start off by saying that I’m a normal guy with a 9-5 job but have been convinced that God doesn’t exist since the age of 18.”
So begins a post on reddit.com, the social networking and news site, where registered members post content and registered users vote it “up” or “down”. This “normal guy” is posting his thanks to street pastors in Glasgow who, the writer says, “didn’t seem to mind that I wasn’t religious and didn’t try to push the religion on me”.
The post continues …
“My story begins at a nightclub I was at a few weeks ago. I was out with a few friends getting absolutely hammered, carelessly knocking back shots and drinking copious amounts of beer. The nightclub closes and I stumble outside and my girlfriend points out that there is a group of street pastors, just like the ones I saw on TV (they were involved in a documentary recently).
- Response Pastor Training – Market Harborough
- Police training for Street and Schools Pastors in Billericay Essex hosted by PC Rob Hance from Essex Police and Christian Police Association.
- Schools Pastor Roles and Responsibilities in Billericay and South Woodham Ferrers hosted by Bejoy Pal from Ascension Trust.
- Roles and Responsibilities Training Day in Cambridge
- Out on the streets with BBC, street pastors in Weymouth