Street Pastor Coordinator Job Opportunity
REDBRIDGE STREET PASTOR COORDINATOR
Purpose: To represent Redbridge Street Pastors and to take responsibility for the promotion and co-ordination of the Street Pastors’ in Redbridge. This includes ensuring the smooth running of team patrols in Ilford and South Woodford.
Responsible to: Redbridge Street Pastors Trustees
- In partnership with the Management Team (Trustees), to develop and grow the Redbridge Street Pastors team.
- To organise and manage the rota for Redbridge Street Pastors.
- To gather, process and prepare data, information and evidence to demonstrate the impact and effectiveness of Street Pastors’ work to its stakeholders and supporters. This will involve writing reports, presenting to stakeholders and speaking at local churches and events.
- To further and promote the work of Street Pastors amongst ministers, local churches, voluntary agencies and town centre organisations.
- To develop a fundraising strategy, maintain a budget and organise fundraising events to enable the continued work of Redbridge Street Pastors.
- To oversee the recruitment, training and ongoing support of Street Pastors.
- To assist the Trustees in the development of policies, procedures, code of conduct and practices for Redbridge Street Pastors.
- To present a positive image of all we are and do as a Christian organisation serving our community.
- To conduct all activities within the spirit of Street Pastors and the Christian faith.
- To ensure the highest standards are maintained in all aspects of Street Pastors’ activities through appropriate policies, procedures, codes of conduct and practices.
- To keep and maintain records to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation (e.g. health and safety; HR; data protection etc), and in accordance with Ascension Trust & local policies and procedures.
- To undertake training courses, professional development, attend conferences.
- To work with teams to ensure high standards of patrols on the streets.
- A Christian who subscribes to the Ascension Trust’s mission, goals and values and who is in accountable relationships within a local church.
- Passionate and able to inspire others about the work of Street Pastors
- Team-building and leadership skills; able to manage conflict and to work with a variety of people with different beliefs, values and maintain confidentiality.
- Able to establish rapport and forge good working relationships across a wide range of churches, external agencies and other organizations.
- Good communication skills to deliver information to a diverse audience, e.g. public speaking, presentations and training skills. An ability to write clear letters, emails, newsletters and reports.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated. Able to use own initiative.
- I.T. skills – competent in working with MS Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- An ability to identify problems and create solutionsKnowledge, skills and experience of leadership and management of significant projects.
- Experience of and involvement in social action programmes
- A Trained Street Pastor or willing to undertake Street Pastor Training
- Knowledge and / or work experience with social services, the police, education, health service etc.
- Evidence of pastoral and evangelistic experience within a church setting
- Understanding and respect of different church traditions.
- To hold a UK driving license and able to travel locally and on occasion nationally.
You should have an active personal Christian faith and be a member of a local church or worshiping community.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and references.