1. ‘I’d better do something about this.’
2. Got key partners together.
3. Read about Street Pastors in local paper.
4. Persuaded sceptical colleagues.
5. Got Romford Street Pastors going.
6. Considered faith-based solutions for borough of Ealing.
7. Worked on two problems – money and the local authority’s concerns.
8. Established Street Pastors in Ealing.
9. Collected the data. When Street Pastors were on patrol, we recorded a 50% drop in violent crime.
Thank you to our friends at the Cinnamon Network who recorded the full text of Chief Superintendent Sultan Taylor’s speech.