Coordinator for Bristol
BRISTOL STREET PASTOR COORDINATOR
Purpose: To represent Bristol Street Pastors and to take responsibility for the promotion, management and co-ordination of the Street Pastors’ initiative in the specified central Bristol area.
Responsible to: Bristol Street Pastors Trustees
- To help develop strategies to promote and enhance the Street Pastors’ initiative in the specified central Bristol area;
- To speak, and arrange and give presentations, in coordination with Street Pastors volunteers, as and when necessary on the work of Street Pastors and the Ascension Trust to various persons and organisations, including Churches, the Police and Local Councils;
- To fund-raise for the work of Street Pastors;
- To be involved in the recruitment and as appropriate the training of Street Pastors’ volunteers;
- To assist the Management Committee to comply with charity law, the initiative’s constitution, the Street Pastors’ Licence Agreement and the various Street Pastors’ policies, procedures and guidelines included in the Coordinator’s and Management Committee’s Pack;
- To monitor the compliance of individual Street Pastors volunteers with the required standards of behaviour;
- To facilitate regularly and undertake Street Pastors’ Quality Reviews, in line with the Licence Agreement and the Street Pastors’ Quality Assurance Checklist, included in the Coordinator’s and Management Committee’s Pack;
- To brief regularly the Management Committee on the work and development of the initiative within the area;
- To produce reports and newsletters, as and when required by the Ascension Trust, the Police, the Council and other stakeholders;
- To assist in the development of working protocols with the Police, the Local Council and other agencies;
- To troubleshoot and resolve issues and problems;
- To carry out administrative duties in line with established procedures;
- To keep and maintain records as required by the Charities Commission and the Ascension Trust;
- To adhere to the Street Pastors’ ethos and Code of Conduct and to encourage all others associated with the initiative to do the same;
- To be flexible and willing to support the work of the initiative and the Ascension Trust, by undertaking additional duties as and when required;
- A Christian who subscribes to the Street Pastors’ core values, and understands and embraces the unique ethos of the Street Pastors’ movement;
- Ability to travel locally, and on occasions, nationally;
- Ability to work within a team, manage conflict and to work with a variety of people with different beliefs, values and backgrounds;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Good communication skills – the ability to establish rapport and deliver information to a diverse audience. Good public speaking, presentation and training skills. The ability to write clear letters, newsletters and reports;
- Ability to use the standard Office package, including Word, Outlook and Excel;
- Some interest in and awareness/knowledge of the culture, crimes and issues facing socially excluded young people;
- Sensitivity to different Church traditions;
- Ability to identify problems and create solutions;
- Completion of the Street Pastors’ Confidential Self-Declaration Form;
- DBS clearance.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge, skills and experience of leadership, as well as the management of significant projects;
- Experience of working with young people;
- Experience of, and involvement in, relevant social action programmes;
- Relevant knowledge and/or work experience with social services, the Police, education, health service, etc.;
- Experience of working with the Church;
- A United Kingdom Driving Licence.
You should have an active personal Christian faith and be a member of a local church or worshiping community.
This Street Pastor role will be awarded by fixed-term contract to someone self-employed, potentially renewable if funds permit and subject to satisfactory performance. The contract will be based on an estimated average of 10 hours per week over a 52 week period. This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and references.
APPLICATIONS ARE TO BE MADE BY AN APPLICATION FORM.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR AN APPLICATION FORM, PLEASE CONTACT Bristol@streetpastors.org.uk
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS FEBRUARY 14th 2018.