“Normal guy” thanks street pastors (and 172 people comment)
“I just want to start off by saying that I’m a normal guy with a 9-5 job but have been convinced that God doesn’t exist since the age of 18.”
So begins a post on reddit.com, the social networking and news site, where registered members post content and registered users vote it “up” or “down”. This “normal guy” is posting his thanks to street pastors in Glasgow who, the writer says, “didn’t seem to mind that I wasn’t religious and didn’t try to push the religion on me”.
The post continues …
“My story begins at a nightclub I was at a few weeks ago. I was out with a few friends getting absolutely hammered, carelessly knocking back shots and drinking copious amounts of beer. The nightclub closes and I stumble outside and my girlfriend points out that there is a group of street pastors, just like the ones I saw on TV (they were involved in a documentary recently).
- Cork Street Pastors nominated for Community Award
- Commissioner delivers new contact van for Telford Street Pastors and local police
- Volunteer/s of the year 2018 awarded by Pride of Reading
- Maidstone Street Pastors Celebrating 10 years of faithful ministry
- Just 7 days to go… please join us as we celebrate the amazing work God has started